Your First Visit
What to Expect in Therapy
There are no support staff to deal with, just me.
If you arrive while I am in session, you can fill out the documents required for our work. Your signatures will formalize our agreement to work together in accord with ethical and legal standards, especially those related to confidentiality.
During our remaining time, we discuss the agreement, get acquainted, discuss your reasons for seeking help, and establish initial goals and expectations.
- Psychological Services Agreement & Personal Information Form
- Please read this document completely through. There are several places that you will need to sign when we meet for the first time.
- Each member of a couple should read and complete a separate document.
- Your health insurance card or documentation (if you plan to use health insurance) see below.
Using your Benefits
Before the first session call your Insurance Company (or access its Website) to get up-to-date information about your Behavioral Health Coverage.
- Pre-certification or authorization
Bring the Insurance Benefit Information form on which you have documented the above information about your benefits. Bring your insurance card to the first session so that it can be photocopied.
Payment & Insurance
- Self-Pay or Health Insurance options may cover most or all of the cost of your sessions.
- MasterCard & Visa are accepted for payment of your co-pay, deductible, or full fee.
Please read the Psychological Services Agreement in the Documents section of the website for detailed information about financial arrangements.
Current Insurance Affiliations
- United Behavioral Health
- Medical Mutual
- First Health
- First Choice Health
- Managed Health Network
- Behavioral Health Systems
- Ohio Health Choice